Suggested Packing List
- 6 official Passport photos
- 10 days to 2 weeks change of underwear and socks
- Thermal underwear
- Pajamas – summer and winter
- Everyday slacks and dress slacks for summer and winter
- Dress shirts (white) and sport shirts
- Heavy winter coat (ski jacket, etc.)
- Gloves and scarf
- Dress shoes
- Weekday shoes
- Hiking boots
- Sheets (plus flannel sheets for winter)
- Heavy blankets (or quilt) and 2 light blankets
- Mesh laundry bag (for socks)
- Personal articles and medication (e.g. allergy)
- Siddur, Tefillin and Machzor
- Sturdy, large, plastic, under-the-bed storage container
- Transformers for anything not on 220 v. No electrical equipment may be used without permission.
- Hiking bag
- Small suitcase
Certain supplies are also available on campus at a store run by a member of the kollel. This includes the following:
Office/school supplies: various note pads, dividers for loose-leaf binders, spiral notebooks, pens, pencils. markers, white out, rulers, staplers, hole punchers, paper protectors, cellophane tape, pencil holders, loose-leaf binders, scissors, glue, erasers.
General items: shampoo, bar soap, liquid soap, toothbrushes, hair brushes, nail clippers, tissues, shower gel, shoe brushes, batteries and chargers, Q tips, Shabbos clocks, ear phones, extension cords, alarm clocks, deodorant, devices to turn a single electrical outlet into a double one.
Please note: Clothing should be of a mature and simple type, suitable to Israel and especially the Yeshiva environment. Please refrain from bringing T shirts and clothing with emblems or slogans.
Please refrain from sending packages. Customs are readily charged and your sons may incur heavy expenses in order to release them from Customs.
Be prepared for cold winter weather and bring along ample warm clothes and blankets.
It is possible to order sheets, blankets, pillow and towels from the yeshiva. See Contract and Guide to Parents "Accepted Students" page.
Laundry may be handed in on Motzaei Shabbat . Items not needing ironing are returned 3 days later. Other items are returned 10 days later. The quantity of clothing brought should be considered accordingly.
This list is merely a guide. No attempt has been made to include or specify everything that should be brought.